Car Battery and other parts theft in Noida - My story


I have read many stories of car battery theft in Delhi-NCR but never imagined what will happen if something like that happened to me. Through this blogpost I want to share my story of car parts theft in Noida.

A Little Introduction: I drive a Hyundai Verna Diesel car and lives in Noida. My office is in Film City, Noida. As I stay in gated society, I have parking space in office and I always park my car in paid parking, I never thought that some kind of incidence will happened with my car.

A little Background: Construction work started in our office nearly 6 months back and we were asked to park our cars outside the office with a promise that guards will be posted outside the office to keep an eye on the park cars. Some cars were parked on the front of the building and some were parked at the back of the building (the road at back has only car parked and nothing else). If any of you have visited Film City Noida then the back road is the one which is parallel to the Naala between Film City and DLF Mall.  

I started parking at the back road from 3 months and nothing has ever happened there except a layer of dust in the evening. I had option of parking in front but parking at back road saved me 5 minutes of time in the morning (I have to time punch in office daily). I used to see 2 guards sitting there and helping the fellow colleagues to park their cars properly. 

What Happened: One fine evening, when I reached near my car, I saw the hood unlatched and there was some gap in between. I asked the guard who was standing there about any car hitting my car during the day as that could cause the bonut to open. He replied with a blank face.

Like every day, I tried to open the car with the remote and it didn’t work. My first reaction was that I must have left the headlights on which must have drained the battery. Immediately, I realised that it doesn’t happen in Verna and I rushed to open the bonut as the thought of battery theft came into my mind. I opened the bonut and saw the battery gone. My head was full of anger at that point and I started lashing it out on the guard standing there. He became speechless and I asked him to call his supervisor. Meanwhile, I called the battery person as I just wanted to go home and did not want to make a scene. 

Supervisor came in some time and started questioning the guards about the theft. Many questioning and verbal spat was going on when my eyes went on the bonut of the car parked next to my car. To our horror, the battery of that car was also missing. I immediately called the owner of the car after taking the contact details from guard’s office. Meanwhile, the battery person also came to the spot.
The owner of the other Verna (Ashish) reached there with some of his friends and the scene became hot there due to the verbal spat. I asked the battery guy to install the battery and go. The battery guy opened the bonut and was going to install the battery but stopped immediately and closed the bonut

Battery Guy: Sir, This car will not start whether you install a battery or not

Confused me: why? What happened?


He: Sir, the thief has not only stolen the battery but they have taken the brain of the car i.e ECM (Electronic control module).

He checked the same in the other car and confirmed the same has happened in another car. He also said that it must have taken one man minimum 30 minutes to break the bonut and steal the things. I immediately dialed 100 and called the police. It was so strange when the guards who were sitting there from morning said that they have no idea who and when it has happened. 

Also the battery guy told that ECM costs nearly 35k and battery is nearly 5k. So we were now estimating our losses due to the negligence of the guards and the police arrived. 


This is the part where our harassment started after the monetary losses had actually happened

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Time has Come

Best way to dispense water from 20L bottle | India 2020

I still shiver