Sorry to bother you but !!!!!




I can’t imagine that it was me who did these things yesterday. It was a normal day but something happened which made me realized of things I am capable of. It may sound funny now but things could have gone wrong. Let me tell you exactly what happened.

I am currently staying in Shimla and had gone to Chandigarh yesterday to visit a friend and to buy a guitar for myself as I had no knowledge of guitars. My guitar craze shot to a new high the day I saw my first live gig in a nearby café by the band named “FAZAL”from Chandigarh. It was so amazing that I decided to learn guitar and join some band. So the day had finally arrived when I had to leave Shimla for Chandigarh on my bike to purchase guitar.
It took me nearly 6 hours to reach Chandigarh from Shimla as I rode slowly enjoying the weather and the roadside food. I reached Sector 43 at around 4 in the evening and directly went to my friend’s PG. We had Maggi and tea and went to Sector 41 Market to buy my dream guitar. I paid the shopkeeper Rs 3200/- and bought my first ever acoustic guitar of gb&a make. Holding the guitar bag on my back had already made me a superstar.

We had a little celebration at Nik Bakers Sector 35 and I left for Shimla at 7PM. It was already dark outside and I had no idea of Chandigarh roads + my mobile got switched off. My friend asked me to continue straight till the end of Panchkula and then take left. I started my journey with a smile on my face and following the directions provided by my friend blindly.

The feeling of riding a bike + going uphill + with a guitar on back + a winter evening – that’s life. These thoughts made me blush and I lost my way. I took a left turn I don’t know from which traffic light and I realized it when I saw the board showing “SUKHNA LAKE” in the front which jumbled my mind. My confusion amplified when I saw that there was no other vehicle/ person on the road from whom I can ask for the directions.

I decided to continue moving and to my rescue I saw a tail light of a bike but it was moving in a very zig zag method. I raced my bike towards that tail light but when I saw who were on the bike, I was staggered and delighted (kinda jealous too). There was a couple on a Royal Enfield singing some romantic song moving like a snail but in a twisted manner. After seeing that couple my first thought was not to disturb them but I despicably asked them – “SORRY to bother you but !!! Err .. Can you please tell me the way to Shimla???

I shouted those words so fast that the guy riding the Enfield took a minute to realize that there is someone else near them and when he did, he gave me a dreadful look. The Aura changed from a romantic scene of a movie to a fighting sequence in which the Actors warms up before the fight and there blood boils inside them. I instantly regretted myself asking them but couldn’t do anything then.

It looked like the guy got aggressive at first but suddenly his facial expressions changed from an angry cat face to a cool panda face and then he said “bhai tere ko hum he mile they kya??” (Dude! Get lost) to which the girl sitting at the back giggled. It sounded like a warning to me and without thinking anything I took the first left.

Again the road was pitch dark and I had no idea where I was going. Boosting my confidence, I increased my speed and started moving ahead and decided not to ask directions from anyone now. Believe me those roads were more curvy then the roads to Leh. I travelled at a very fast speed with water dripping from my eyes for nearly 10 minutes and finally saw a traffic police car standing. That was the first time in my life when I got happy to see Policemen while travelling in the night.

Relaxed, I approached the police car and saw 2 policemen sleeping in the front seats with their seats leaned back. Without thinking much I knocked on the window mirror but there was no response. I thought for a while that whether it is right to wake them up, not because they were sleeping but because I had no idea how will the react to that. But as I was in need, I knocked for the 2nd timr but there was no response again.

I kept knocking till one of them woke up and directly took his gun in his hand. As soon as I saw him taking his gun out I started running from there when he shouted “Ruk!! Varna goli maar dunga”(Stop! Else I ‘ll shoot). I stopped immediately and started shivering after listening to the word “I’ll shoot”. He came in front of me and said “Badi Jawani chadi hui hai! Abhi batata hu”. I immediately started crying sorry and telling my ordeal. He listened to me for 5 minutes and discussed with his partner about what to be done and finally told me to leave and showed me the way to Shimla.

I was numb for next 5 minutes. I was riding but my brain was still under shock. It kept on playing the incidences in loop and I was just being happy to be alive right now. First the guy with that dreadful look and then a policemen threatening to shoot me. I stopped and thought to clean up my mind. I got down from my bike and sat on the footpath with my guitar in my hands. I took long breaths, stretched myself and decided to move back home.

I must have moved for 5 minutes when I saw Fun Republic in some distance. I thought let’s have a little celebration for the new guitar as well as being alive and parked the bike. I went inside and bought a heavy dinner from McDonalds which was over crowded. I was finding a seat holding my plate full of the tastiest food when suddenly I saw a girl looking at me. She was sitting with a guy whose back was at my side. As soon as I saw that girl she giggled and immediately I realized who she was.

Naughtily, I went up to their table and asked “SORRY to bother you but !!! Err .. Can I have a seat???”. The girl burst into laughter and guy jumped from his seat. I think he was going to punch me but the girl said dude! You are awesome! Her reaction stopped the guy from punching me and he asked “what is going on!? Are you following us??” I answered “Let me sit and I will tell you everything”

I told them everything that happened which looked funny at that time. Three of us kept on laughing for some time. It was like we were already friends now. Then the girl asked “are you seriously going to Shimla now?” to which I replied “yes! I am heading back home”. Suddenly the guy asked the girl “let us also go to shimla”. I thought he was being funny but in the next 10 minutes things changed from funny to serious (or I must say hilarious) and three of us were moving towards Shimla in that chilly night. We had lot of fun riding to Shimla that night and now I must say it became my best evening till date.

We have exchanged numbers and have decided to meet in Shiva Café today evening. Let’s see what fun thing is in today’s chapter.


Comments

  1. will wait for what happens at shiva cafe. Amazingly crafter story which spine chilling and heart freezing moments...not to say the author has his heart in the right place..way to go raman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir! further fun is on the charts. Do read other stories too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Time has Come

I still shiver

FLYING MAN