ARE YOU ALONE!




Heavy sound of the thunder woke me up and the complete darkness of my room scared me. I came out of my room and saw my mother reading with the emergency lights and I said “oh man! I can’t even watch TV now”. Heavy rain, lightening & hailstorm were happening continuously since last night which led to the power cut from the morning. It felt like I was trapped in my own house & was totally bored of studying & sleeping and my mom was bored of making food for me. My dad was out with my other siblings to my aunt’s place for my cousin’s wedding and we could not go because of the test I had the next day. He requested my school authorities to postpone the test but they were very stringent on it. So anyways, with broken heart I had to stay home and study for the test.
We lived in an old style home with the kitchen in the backyard and a big veranda between our dining room & the kitchen. The veranda had a water pump and a little garden with flowers & small trees. It was dinner time around 8:00 pm and mom had cooked my favourite meal i.e Rajma Chawal. She barely knew that I was just pretending to study from the time she told me that she will cook Rajma Chawal and my mind was just revolving around it. My mom brought the dinner to the dining room and closed the kitchen door and the back door.

“I am not going to school tomorrow if the rain doesn’t stop “I said while having dinner. Her instant reaction was “you have to go anyhow, you have a test. Moreover it is drizzling only, it will stop in sometime”.  On one side I wanted the rain to stop as I wanted to go out of home but on the other I wanted it to continue as I was afraid of the test.  We talked about school, my mom’s job, neighbors and she casually asked “where is Celina??”

I was shocked & stopped eating for a second, and could see the anger in my mom’s eyes as she judged from my reaction that I had completely forgotten about Celina. “How could you do that??” she shouted “you only brought her to this home”, “damn! You are so careless”. With tears in my eyes, the memories of the day we brought Celina, our new kitty flashed in front of me but the memories couldn’t be there for a long time as my mom asked to search for her. “I don’t want to see a dead cat in my house”. I think she must have said this because she was worried that the cat may die due to bad weather & continuous rains + she hated pets.

We started a quick search mission to find Celina. I can’t imagine myself leaving the tastiest dinner ever and going to search the cat. Both of us shouted her name again and again but there was no response. “I am going to check outside, you keep searching here” I said while opening the main wooden back door of our house which leads to the veranda. The moment I opened the door, I saw a flash of white light from the lightening following with a heavy sound of thunder. “I think I saw Celina” I shouted “she is in the garden sitting in the roots of the lemon tree”.

My mother asked me not to go out of the door as it was raining badly and there was no power in the house. I switched on the torch and pointed it towards Celina and started calling Celina by her name. The light got perforated by the wire mesh door. “Celina. Come here. Don’t worry. Come come” I said in the most polite & loving way possible. Through the perforated light, it looked like Celina was very scared and was not able to move in the mud. “I’ll go out and pick her up & will be very fast” I said and before mom could say anything I opened the mesh door but then something strange happened.

My eyes were wide open when I saw it. I turned to my mom who was standing just behind me and saw the same reaction on her face too. Just as I opened the mesh door for going out to pick Celina, I saw the knob of the kitchen door getting pressed, the door getting opened, and then the door getting closed. The whole scenario seemed like some person had entered the kitchen and closed the door but there was no one. I whispered “what was that???” but my mother was too scared to say something.  After some time, mom asked me to close the door and get to sleep but I was too scared to move. Nobody cared about Celina anymore.

We slowly bolted the mesh door and while closing the wooden door, sounds started coming from the kitchen. It seemed like someone was picking our used dishes from the sink. I don’t know why & how I shouted “Who is there?” and the sound stopped. My mom asked me to shut up and go inside but now I wanted to know more about it. I again shouted “who is there?” and there was no response. I opened the mesh door and started moving towards the kitchen.  Now I shouted with heavy tone expecting that no sound will come but as soon as I said “who is there?” boom! It seemed that someone threw a cup on the floor.

I was in the midway to kitchen and stopped as soon as I heard the sound. My mom got very scared and slowly asked me to come back but i was too scared to even move. Collecting my guts, I moved the knob of the kitchen door expecting the door will make crackling sound like the doors in horror movie but our kitchen door was very smooth. I found broken pieces of my favorite cup on the floor and our used dishes on the kitchen slab. I again shouted “who is there??” twice or thrice and suddenly “wusssssshhhh” the water started coming out of he tap. This was the time when I lost all my senses and started running towards my mom.  The rotation of the tap’s head automatically was flashing in front of my eyes.

I came running to my mom and she closed the doors as soon as I entered the room. I thought to call my father on his cell phone but the telephone networks were down. Now the sounds were coming constantly. It seemed that someone was doing the dishes.  After about 5 minutes of continues sounds, we yelled together “who is there?? Show yourself” and the reply was breaking sounds of cups or other utensils. Now we were sure that we were facing a supernatural incidence. Suddenly my mom started running towards stairs and I followed her as I didn’t want her out of my sight at that moment. When I reached the store on the 1st floor it looked like she was searching for something. I asked her what are you searching but she totally ignored me.

After 10 minutes of her search she came out with a white chart paper and a black colored pen. The chart paper looked ordinary but when she opened it on the floor I saw strange symbols all around it. Then she told me that her aunt gave her this chart and it has capabilities to communicate with the supernatural. I hope she told me all this to give me strength but now I was scared enough to piss in my pants. She told me not to be scared as supernatural powers do not harm people if they see this chart. Now it was the time to communicate with the supernatural.

With all my efforts and guts, I went to the kitchen and opened the door with my mom standing in the midway. I saw that the gas stove was switched on with water boiling on it, all the dishes were done and the kitchen slabs were clean. I spread the chart on the kitchen floor and kept the black pen in the middle of the chart as asked to do by my mom and yelled “Who is there??”  Nothing happened but to my surprise the pen automatically wrote what I said on the chart. I yelled again “who is there?? Show yourself”. The pen started writing again but this time I got a reply. The head of the tap started rotating and the water started coming out of it and I saw a cup flying in the air as someone standing near the sink has thrown the cup towards the stove area. Remembering my mother’s words, I shouted again & again asking it to show itself.

Before I could shout again this time, the black pen started writing itself. I read the complete chart with my eyes getting wide with every word and finally the chart looked liked:

Who is there??
Who is there?? Show yourself..
Who are you?? Show yourself….
Why are you here? Who are you??


FIRST, PLEASE BE ALONE!!

#areyoualone


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Time has Come

I still shiver

FLYING MAN